PROUD TO BE A VAMPIRE – EBOOK COLLECTION
Proud to Be a Vampire … Predators do not waste time feeling sorry for the prey. They do not bemoan their hunter nature and pretend they have something in common with those they are meant to hunt. True predators find pleasure in the hunt and satisfaction in the kill. Never are those words truer than with the vampires: they threw away their humanity and defeated even death to become the ultimate predator and hunt with relish the prey they used to be …
Less Than Three Press is seeking stories of vampires who take pride in their nature and thrive on the hunt. This is no collection for stories of whiny vampires who pretend they are still human and fight the call of their inhuman nature. We want stories of vampires who love what they are.
- Deadline is APRIL 30, 2013 11:59 EST (GMT -5) (give or take, we won’t kill you for sending it off the following morning).
- Stories should be at least 15,000 words and should not exceed approx 50,000 words in length.
- Stories must be m/m or f/f romance (threesomes, etc. are acceptable, but all parties must be the same gender).
- Stories must have a happily ever after (HEA) or happy for now (HFN) end.
- Any sub-genre is gladly accepted: sci-fi, mystery, contemporary, steampunk, etc.
- All usual LT3 submission guidelines apply.
I am extremely excited about this call not least because I was already in the process of writing a story that fits it when Less Than Three put it up. I am also excited to see what everyone else does with the prompt. I think we in the romance genre have gotten used to seeing and writing about vampires in a very specific way so it's good that this call kind of kicks us out of that comfort zone.
So what are people planning on writing? And how are you planning on combining a true vampiric predator and a romance story?